The UNM Retiree Association Welcomes You!
What is the UNM Retiree Association?
Created in 2003, the UNM Retiree Association represents and promotes the welfare and interests of all retired UNM employees. Since 2007 the UNM Retiree Association has held a formal advisory role to the UNM Board of Regents and University Administration.
Here is a list of things we are working on:
- Benefits: Meeting with UNM Health Planning committee that is rewriting the University's health plan for active employees as well as retirees. Pursuing the next course of action concerning past changes. Our goal is, " Same plan, same rates as active employees" just as we were promised.
- Legislative Affairs: Preparing for the 2015 sixty day session. While there is nothing at this time that looks controversial, that could change quickly. It's always a good idea to make ourselves highly visible at the round house.
- Membership: The goal is to increase membership by 20% this year. Talk to your fellow retirees.
- Programs: Several great events have been scheduled for 2014 with more to come next year.
- Emeriti College/ Center: A facility on the UNM campus to be staffed by retirees that provides an outlet for your talents as well as answers to your questions. Programs like Transitioning to Retirement public outreach, and counseling.